Can I lose fat by eating healthy and doing only weight training for exercise?
I have lost close to 12 kgs in last 3 months thanks to the following lifestyle changes :
- Zero added sugar. Glucose part was dealt with breads etc.
- 5 to 6 small meals with mix of fruits and leafy veggies.
- Drinking close to 5 litres of water each day.
- No packed food for me. Let me explain this. I don't take anything which comes inside a sealed polythene bag or packet. Sort of a PALEO DIET concept.
- Reduced my carb intake and increased my protein intake. Being a vegetarian I have very limited choices. To name a few cottage cheese made out of double toned milk, lentils, soya nuggets to name a few.
- Stopped eating starch containing items regularly. In fact did a carb cycling experiment too by 3 days of low carb diet and then 4th day high carb diet.
- Ate omega 3 containing flaxseed and chia seeds and essential fats through nuts.
- Calculated my calories strictly.Never crossed 1600 ~ 1750 calories.
- Moderate exercising for an hour in the morning to strengthen my body and will power.
- Took up photography as an outdoor hobby to get out of my couch.
- Stopped watching Television (Idiot box) all together. That invariably gave me more time to introspect and research on my dietary requirements.
- Reduced the usage of mobile phone as well. Allowed me to get in touch with like minded people through outdoor activities.
- No alcohol and no drinks except water please.
I hope these will help.
Please leave comments for any queries.