Can I lose weight working out moderately 5 days a week?
Ehh losing 10 pounds in 3 weeks? That's kind of super hard to do and not safe. I lost 30 pounds in 4 months and I had to work really hard for it. I wouldn't recommend even doing that since it's a bit unsafe for your health. I would just take your time and eat right. All you need to do is make sure you have a sustained calorie deficit and you'll eventually lose that weight! So technically working working out doesn't cause weight loss. It definitely helps you to get to your calorie deficit though.
Here is a list of things that I ate/did to reach my calorie deficit.
- Whole Eggs: They're high in protein, healthy fats, and can make you feel full with a very low amount of calories.
- Potatoes: More specifically boiled potatoes can help you lose weight. They are high in potassium which is a nutrient that most people don't get enough of and it can help control high blood pressure. You'll also get full fast which in turn makes you eat less.
- Tuna: This is a low calorie high protein food. This is a lean fish so it doesn't have much fat. This is what body builders use when they're on a cut.
- Beans: This food tends to be high in protein and fiber, which leads to satiety.
- Leafy Vegetables: They are low in both calories and carbohydrates, but loaded with fiber. This can increase the volume of your dinner without increasing your calories. This is perfect to satisfy your hunger and help you lose calories at the same time.
- Fruit: It's healthy and contains a lot of fiber. People that eat both fruits and vegetables are said to be the healthiest people out there. It's tasty and healthy for you which is a good combo.
- Supplements: Before taking supplements I want you to understand that supplements won't help you lose weight. They just help reduce your appetite and give you more energy which in turn can help burn/reduce your calories. Of course you need to make sure that it's 100% pure with 60% HCA since it's been proven that it's the best amount. Too much HCA isn't that good for you and it can cause side effects like the jitters, headaches, and stomach aches. This is not good for everyone so make sure you consult a doctor first. The one I took was BeLive's 100% pure 60% HCA Garcinia Cambogia. Website: BeLive Store | Natural Dietary Supplement Online Shop | Made in USA Amazon: Amazon.com: Garcinia Cambogia 100% Pure & Natural Weight Loss Pills for Women and Men | 60 Capsules by BeLive: Health & Personal Care
- Water: Drinking water increases the amount of calories you burn, which is known as resting energy expenditure. When you drink a lot of water before you eat you'll feel more full which helps reduce your appetite. Make sure you drink cold water since your body uses extra calories to warm the water up to body temperature.
- Green Tea: This hydrates like water, which can help fill you up and help you lose weight. The antioxidants in green tea will up your fat and calorie burn as well.
- Sleep: Make sure you sleep well! Not getting enough sleep can definitely make you gain weight fast due to your cortisol levels. This is the stress hormone that basically makes you gain weight. 8 hours a day is a good nights sleep!
- Cutting back on starches and sugars can help you lose weight. These types of food stimulate the secretion of insulin which is the main fat storage hormone in the body. When your insulin level goes down, it makes it easier for fats to get burned instead of carbohydrates.
Losing weight was really hard for me until I discovered the true way to do it :) Anyway, hope this helps!