Can you block a cell phone number?Most Android phones allow you to block contacts on your phone. The procedure can be unique on your Android phone. It varies from phone to phone which can be accessed on either phone's Call Settings page on the Settings menu.
If your Android phone doesn't have an inbuilt call blocking feature or if it does but you find it lacking, you can choose one from the many third-party call blocking apps on the Google Play Store. Of particular note are the Mr. Number app, Call Blocker app.
Here's a general idea of how to use Mr. Number:
1. Download, install, and launch the Mr. Number app. Tap OK to continue.
2. Verify your country. Select your country with your country code, and type your phone number. Tap OK to continue.
3. To begin blocking contacts, tap the "No" or prohibition symbol at the upper-right portion of the screen to access the block list.
Here's a general idea of how to use Call Blocker:
1. Download, install, and launch the Call Blocker app. Tap Agree to continue.
2. On the app's main menu, tap the Blocked Calls button.
3. Tap the add button (represented by an icon of paper with check and X marks)
4. The Blacklist and White list tabs will be displayed on the screen. Tap Add Number to add a contact. You can add a number via your contacts, call log, or SMS log, or you can type the number directly. Contacts listed on the Blacklist tab will be blocked (of course!) while contacts on the White list tab will be exempted.