Do you travel alone?
It is good to travel alone but at some point you will definitely feel that there should be a travel partner as well. Let me tell you advantages and disadvantages of traveling alone:
- You will get to know yourself better. Travelling exposes you to raw experiences where you get to know the person inside you, that little kid that always wanted to travel, wander, expand and grow as a human being through exploring different places around the world. You will focus much better and enjoy the experience.
- It will get you out of your comfort zone. Going to unknown places and destinations will challenge you to learn how to rely on yourself at difficult times. Being away from the comfortable bubble of your home will challenge you in many different ways and test your patience. Only by putting yourself out there, you will be able to explore this beautiful planet and discover many new and exciting places.
- It is cheaper. When you travel on your own it is much easier to keep up with your budget because you are the one who decides where and what to eat. That also means that it is much easier to save up money for other things such as trying an adventurous sport or travelling to a distant island. But sometime it is good to have someone to split hotel, meals and car/bike bills. ;)
- You will make new friends easier. Being a solo traveller makes it much easier to interact with the local people and make some new friendships. The truth is that the locals are much more interested in what someone travelling on his or her own is doing in their country and are more likely to help you out and could be also more open and engaging.
- You risk not to be safe and sound. Travelling alone is full of adventures! But not everything can go fine. Remember that we live in the dangerous world, with pickpockets, frauds and murderers. You must always watch your back to prevent yourself from getting into troubles.
- If you get lost, who will help you? New areas are dangerous. Everybody can get lost in the labyrinths of new cities. Tourists may feel critically helpless if they do not orientate and do not know the language of the locals to ask for a way. Especially when you don't have a map or can't use GPS when the charge of the battery is low. It is easier and funnier to get lost with the friend because two heads are better that the one.
- Nobody to split. You can share not only the impressions but also expenses. If there are at least two of you than your can pay for the housing and meals in half. There is also an opportunity to get some discounts for two or more people. The prices for lonely travelers are usually higher that for the accompanied.
- Gloomy or Sick Days. It becomes difficult to cope with during those less cheerful days when you are sick or sad or too tired and still have to keep going with your journey. Having a travel partner or a group by your side, things can be much easier, as you can get mental and emotional support.
So these are some advantages and disadvantages of traveling alone or traveling with friends. I hope you like it. ☺
At the end I'll say that either travel alone or travel in group; don't stop Travel because traveling is the only thing that makes you Richer.
Yeah I travel alone whenever I am traveling abroad. There is so much to learn from solo travling it is a blissful experience & must do one as well. I am traveling alone since 2015 & since then I have covered places like China, Thailand, Indonesia, Amsterdam, Paris & Barcelona.
I am covering my experiences under the blog name
Yes, and i absolutely love it!No hassle of waiting for your partner, no trouble of kicking his/her butt when they don't wake up on time, no missed shows. Am a stickler for being on time and it irritates me big time when people delay so i find it good to travel alone and enjoy the worldly pleasures.
U need two eyes to see but it's ok if u have only one eye but u can't feel the real beauty with just one eye. So y close an eye when u have two. Y travel alone when u have a perfect pair. But it's just up to u . U have to find the perfect one . If not it's much better with one than to suffer with an bad eye
Yes, I do.
It's time for yourself, escape the stress and restore.
If you want you can meet like-minded travelers as you.
So many people travel solo. The portion of people worldwide who travel on their own, surveyed between 2013 and 2015, grew from 15% to 24%.
One of the best thing of travelling alone is meet like-minded travelers as you.
Here some tips to meet this kind of people: How to Meet Like-Minded Travellers: Book a Retreat! | Blog Retrigo
Enjoy your trip!