From what age should I start preparing for UPSC examination?
UPSC has prescribed the age bracket of 21–32 years (For General Category) for the candidates appearing in the coveted civil services examination.
However, in my opinion, the right age to appear in the civil services exam is:
- The age when you have the fire within to GO FOR THE KILL.
- The age when you are devoid of all the distractions and pressures.
- The age when you can get access to quality material for reading.
- The age when you have no/minimal responsibility on your shoulders.
- The age when you can afford to leave behind your job and devote all your energies and time to the preparation. (People do clear it along with job as well, I see them as exceptionally talented)
- Also, the age when you feel its time to SERVE THE COUNTRY.
All the best :)