Have you ever been in love with someone long distance?
My wife is Iranian and I'm French Canadian.
We got married after chatting for about 9 months on Viber and once we were married, it took about 6 months for us to be able to live together in Canada.
From that experience, I can say that:
- It's not always easy.
- It actually can be quite frustrating at times.
- In our case, it helped us learn how to have meaningful conversations. Sex can be a way to avoid getting to know each other; for the first months, that's a problem we didn't have.
- It's definitely possible.
- You need to be mature about it.
- I don't advise it for teenagers. When hormones are in charge of your brain, it's hard to sustain a long distance relationship.
This is what our wedding day looked like: Eric Cadieux's answer to How does Turkish sound to non-Turkish speakers?
It faded out because of practical issues born out of distance and inability to meet in person.