How to make simple cupcakesBasic Vanilla Birthday Cupcakes Recipe:
5 oz (150g) Butter - softened
5 oz (150g) superfine (castor) sugar
6 oz (175g) self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
2. Line a 12 cup cake pan, with cup cake papers.
3. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
9. Allow to cool fully before icing.
Makes 12 cakes. Enjoy :)
Mix a cake batter, pour it into a greased cup (butter is best) and bake it. Since cupcakes are small, they bake more quickly than a larger cake.
The thing most people think of as a cupcake is baked in a pleated greaseproof paper "cup." You could also bake in a coffee mug (ideally tapered), or in a terracotta flowerpot (also good for baking bread).
It is usual to decorate the cupcake with frosting and other ornamentation that have nothing intrinsically to do with "cake." Let your imagination run riot here.
Here you go...
Muffins Cupcakes and Buns: 36 Full Color Fun Recipe Treats for All The Family: English Muffins to Minecraft Spiders. You're Covered! - Kindle edition by Karla Forde. Cookbooks, Food & Wine Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.