How to file tax form 5498


Form 5498 is an information return that describes contributions that you made to your IRAs during the year. The Roth IRA conversion amount is in Box 3. You don't need the 5498 to file your return; the custodian of your traditional IRA will issue a Form 1099-R showing the distribution from your traditional IRA. While you can use the info on Form 5498, you should use the 1099-R, as that is what the IRS will use.

If you made the conversion in calendar year 2016, you do not have to do anything until after the end of the year, when you receive the 1099-R from the custodian. The 1099-R will contain the information needed to compute the taxes that will need to be paid. The Roth conversion is reported on Form 8606, on lines 16–18 of Part II of that form (assuming you took no distributions).

If you made the conversion in calendar year 2015, you should have received the 1099-R from the custodian and included it on your return. If not you will have to amend your 2015 return to include it.

Who are the Indians in Panama Papers leak?

If you go to the ICIJ Offshore Leaks Database you can search using the drop-down menu and select India for country. You will then see a list of persons under

What should you do if you get lost in a foreign country?

PRAY! Then Go to police or a church or a school. I say those entities because they are usually service oriented places used to helping people. Call or go to US Embassy when you have problems in foreign countries.

What is the Middle East?

The middle East is a constructed concept encompassing the Asian area to the south east of Europe reaching as far as the