How to gain weight without working out
The best way to gain healthy weight is to go after lean muscle weight.
Being underweight usually occurs when energy intake is less than energy expenditure. In other words, you need to eat more and your entire calories intake should be as nutrient as possible. Consuming junk foods like pastries, soft drinks, and chips which contain empty calories is not a successful way to build muscle and strong bones. Initially, aim to increase your appetite, and encourage the cellular growth through weight training but do it slowly. Include the following five foods in your diet to gain healthy pounds.
- Banana: As bananas are rich in simple carbohydrates; sucrose and fructose which provide instant energy. It is rich in fibre, vitamin B6, and minerals like potassium and manganese that keeps you healthy but there are also more than 105 calories in a banana that can help you bulk up. The best way to consume banana along with milk or yoghurt; helps to enhance weight gain because milk provides protein and while banana gives sugar. You can make this combination in milkshake form; add lots of nuts and other fruits to make a nutrient-dense shake. These shakes and smoothies can help you gain weight virtually in a healthy manner without consuming unhealthy empty calories.
- Milk: Milk is considered as a complete food as it contains all the amino-acids which need to gain lean mass and muscle tissue. Instead of using skimmed milk replace it with full-fat whole milk which increases the calorie intake along with fats and carbohydrates serves as a complete source of fuel for your muscles. You can use full-fat milk to prepare your breakfast porridge to add calories for weight gain. For adding extra calories, try mixing honey with milk or you can make shakes by adding bananas, mangoes, nuts like almonds, cashew nuts, macadamia.
- Starchy Foods: Starchy foods are known to be weight gainers. Use nutrient-rich starches to get extra calories along with fibre, B-vitamins, and iron. A healthy option for starchy foods includes brown rice, whole wheat pasta, potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin C and fibre in addition to calories giving you a bump to your weight. So don't remove the skin of potatoes for the optimal intake of nutrients. Melt cheese on your baked potatoes.
- Whole eggs: Whole eggs are a good source of high biological value protein, and also contains several vitamins like vitamin A, D, E and B12 making it a healthy food option. Overall eggs are one of the best foods that encourage muscle development, as they are packed with high-quality proteins and healthy fats. 100 grams of egg provides as much as 13 gram of proteins along with fats and calories. You can give yourself a weight boost by eating 3-4 eggs per day which also improves muscle strength.
- Dried Fruits: When fruits become dried they actually preserve more calories. They contain vitamins, mineral and natural sugar that are good for weight gain. Dried fruits like figs, prunes, apricot, and raisins with its high-calorie content are most effective to gain some pounds. Nuts like almonds, cashew nuts, macadamia nuts, and peanuts are high in calories and also contain B vitamins, monounsaturated fatty acids, magnesium and manganese which are beneficial for healthy weight gain.
Hope this article helps for more healthy food ideas and blogs visit Nmami | Best Dietitian and Nutritionist in Delhi | New Friends colony