How to improve the health of your skin naturally
Having vibrant and glowing skin is a work of art with:
- exercise-vigorous 3 - 4 times a week times a week. Sweating helps to flush out pores.
- drinking 8 to 10 8 oz. glasses of water daily (ditching artificial drinks)
- healthy food plan-Eat Right For Your Blood Type
- adequate sleep- 6 - 8 hours 5 days a week minimum
- mental and emotional health-clear out all negative, limiting beliefs, replace with positive, empowering beliefs
- Eat foods with antioxidants
Antioxidants are the best resources your body has to fight disease and aging by reducing damage and inflammation. Inflammation is a leading cause of wrinkle formation. Some of the best sources of antioxidants include:
- Acai berries
- Goji berries
- Purple grapes
- Dark chocolate (70% or higher of cocoa content)
- Organic green tea
Avoid High-glycemic foods:
The foods that break down quickly in the body, triggering an insulin spike and raising blood sugar levels. They trigger hormonal fluctuations and inflammation-both of which encourage pimples/acne/blemishes-white heads, black heads ... Choose low glycemic-index foods instead, like green leafy vegetables, black beans, chick peas, sweet potatoes, and most fruits.
Consistently and diligently adhere to Mental/Emotional and Physical Health for the best remedy for healthy skin.
Five Holistic Remedies to care for skin:
- Cleanse with Moroccan Rhassoul Clay You can make your own at home. Simply mix a teaspoon of rhassoul clay with warm water. If your skin is oily, add 1/4 teaspoon green tea leaves to the clay. For skin redness, mix in 1/4 teaspoon chamomile tea leaves. Cleanse daily with any of these clay combinations.
- Gel or Cream Containing Tea Tree Oil Tea tree Oil reduces redness and has strong antibacterial properties. It's been shown to be effective against Pimples/Acne and Staph aureus, the two strains of bacteria associated with acne. I recommend topical products containing at least 5% tea tree oil. Make your own serum at home by combining 5% tea tree oil with 95% of a non-comedogenic oil (such as argan oil).Argan Oil.
- Argan oil is a plant oil produced from the kernels of the Argan tree that is endemic to Morocco. It is also used for cosmetic purposes.
- Serum or Wash with Green Tea Benzoyl peroxide clears the pores and reduces bacterial count where bacteria cannot survive. It dries skin and works as a peeling agent. It commonly causes dryness and irritation, and in some can cause burning, itching, peeling and swelling. Topical use of green tea reduces sebum production heals and protects against acne-causing bacteria. Its high antioxidant concentration eliminates the free radicals that lead to inflammation.Use a green tea serum, or use green tea leaves: Add 2 tablespoons of loose green tea leaves to one cup of boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes and use as a daily wash. Also, drink one to two cups of green tea per day for the general anti-inflammatory benefits!
- Cleanser or Serum Containing Willow Bark Salicylic acid is a topical ingredient to decrease inflammation and exfoliate the skin. Willow bark contains a natural source of salicylic acid. While salicylic acid might cause skin irritation in some people, willow bark provides a more gentle method of exfoliation. It sloughs off dead skin and speeds up the turnover of cells, expediting healing.
- Daily skin care: Botanics, plant based skin care has a large selection of cleansers, moisturizers and cosmetics.
- DO NOT use traditional pharmaceutical Sun screen or any products with sun screen-it is harsh, destroys skin cells and does not prevent cancer. Research at the Environmental Working Group, a Washington-based nonprofit, released their annual report stating nearly half of the 500 most popular sunscreen products may actually increase the speed at which malignant cells develop and spread skin cancer because they contain vitamin A and its derivatives, retinol and retinyl palmitate.Furthermore, the FDA has known about the dangers of Vitamin A in sunscreens since ordering a study 10 years ago, but has done nothing to alert the public of the dangers.
- How Sunscreen Could Be Causing Skin Cancer, Not The Sun...http://www.collective-evolution.......Feb 13, 2017 - For most people, this means covering themselves in sunscreen, which ...How Sunscreen Could Be Causing Skin Cancer, Not The Sun. Science has long shown that what we put on our skin ends up in our bodies, and quickly. Multiple studies from across the world have examined sunscreen in particular, evaluating its ingredients and how it penetrates and absorbs into the skin after application.
One study, conducted at the Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Manitoba, Canada, sought to develop a method for quantifying common sunscreen agents.Results demonstrated a significant penetration of all sunscreen agents into the skin, meaning all of these chemicals are entering multiple tissues within the body. (source)Conversely, a study published in Environmental Health Perspectives showed a significant drop in hormone-disrupting chemicals that are commonly found in personal care products after participants switched to ‘cleaner' products.These chemicals include oxybenzone, triclosan, parabens, phthalates, and more. You can read more about that and access the study here. All of these toxic ingredients are found within most poplar sunscreens.
Use Kiss My Face - SPF 30 - Formulated with natural ingredients, Sensitive Side™ Sunscreen will help prevent the damaging effects of sun exposure and won't irritate your skin. Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%; Octisalate 4.50%; Zinc Oxide 3.00% Other Ingredients: Aqua Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Polysorbate-20, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Avena Sativa (Oat) Protein, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Carota Sativa (Carrot) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Betaglucan, Glycrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Sun screen doesn't prevent skin cancer. Skin cancer is a result of long held or frequent stress and poor and toxic nutrition..... therefore NO GMO products.Repair, Replace, and Revitalize cells with,
ASEA. ASEA liquid is a proprietary Redox Signaling Science that provides support and health at the cellular level. Repairs, Replaces and Revitalizes Telomeres-Redox Signaling Molecules.
Use: ASEA Renu28: What is ASEA Renu28 It's a gel-based firming moisturizer that was formulated by top scientists in the U.S. They sought to reverse the effects of aging skin by boasting the performance of the body's mitochondria. Mitochondria are the powerhouses of the cells. They generate the energy that human cells need to do their job and produce by products that need to be neutralized by antioxidants. If old age and environmental pressures interfere with this complex relationship, the natural rejuvenation of skin slows down and causes visible signs of aging.
Testimonial: "Good morning Dr. Dorothy. Thought I'd mention to you that I have been applying RENU28 on my legs after exfoliating in the shower and it has completely cured a very strange uneven skin condition I had. I could not figure out what the condition was. All over my thighs were uneven shaped raised neutral coloured small blotches. I first noticed this about a year ago. I put it down to ageing. Then I thought I would try the ASEA on it. I had tried body lotions with no result. So very happy with this.""Forgot to mention the blotches were slightly raised as if they were dried raised hyperkeratosis (skin thickening). Now my skin looks like a teenager's." A. B.
"Exfoliate regularly: How to Exfoliate: As the skin ages, the rate of skin cell turnover slows down. The result is a dull, lifeless complexion. Proper exfoliation is necessary to maintain a healthy glow. However, all forms of exfoliation are not equal, and different skin types will require a customized approach to exfoliation.
- For sensitive skin, Use a washcloth and creamy cleanser two or three times a week may be all that's needed to gently remove dead skin cells. Immediately after using a washcloth, slather on a thick moisturizer to soothe and hydrate the newly-exfoliated skin. People with sensitive skin need to avoid scrubs and microdermabrasion, which can lead to excessive irritation. Before applying an exfoliating glycolic or clay-based mask to the entire face, apply the product to a small test area.
- For normal skin, Use a variety of exfoliating options are available. One of the best is a skincare brush, which gently removes dead cells, debris and oil. It's best used every other night with a gentle cleanser followed by a moisturizer. Once-a-week gentle scrubs or glycolic masks are also helpful to keep skin looking fresh. Avoid overdoing it! I commonly see people, who are red and irritated from over-exfoliation, which, over time, may accelerate the aging process.
- For oily or acne-prone skin, the skincare brush can be used daily with a glycolic cleanser. Another good option is the use of daily or every other day glycolic pads. These are pads soaked with alpha- and beta-hydroxy acid. You apply the pad to clean skin once daily to help remove oil, debris and dead skin cells that can clog pores. A popular beta-hydroxy acid ingredient is salicylic acid. Since daily use of glycolic acids can increase sun sensitivity, non-toxic non-pharmaceutical sunscreen needs to be used-such as: Kiss My Face - SPF 30 - Formulated with natural ingredients, Sensitive Side™ Sunscreen (See description above.)
Change food plan: Eliminate junk food and FAST food. Eat Right For Your Blood Type. Your Blood Type food plan allows you to zero in on the health and nutrition information that corresponds to your exact biological profile. Armed with this new information, you can make choices about your food plan, exercise regimen, and your general health that are based on the dynamic natural forces within your own body.
Eliminate: Food high in acidity: Citrus fruit-lemons, oranges, grapefruit, tomatoes (yes, tomatoes is a citrus fruit) white potatoes, egg plant, green peppers, Tomatillos, Goji Berries and other Berries. If you eat these items occasionally the acne won't spike up. One way to test your tolerance for these food items is to eliminate them 100% for 30 days, then introduce one at a time and observe if the acne spikes up. If acne spikes up you know the culprit and can eliminate it completely or only eat it sparingly. Maintaining an alkaline food plan will assist your body in more ways than clear complexion. An alkaline food plan eliminates inflammation, labeled cancer or arthritis, in all cells, joints, ligaments and tissue.
Eliminate: GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms). List of GMO food. All the GMOs Approved In the U.S. Be sure to read ingredients for all processed food to eliminate GMO. Especially check for Soy ingredients-Soy isolate or lecithin. 95% of soy raised in U.S. is GMO.
Internal Remedy: Emotional component - dull or blotchy skin is exacerbated from feelings of not accepting the self and dislike of the self. There are excellent books to reestablish a mind-set of self-acceptance. Not only will self-acceptance help to eliminate acne, it will give you a strong sense of empowerment. I recommend, "I'm OK, You're OK," by Thomas Anthony Harris. "Love Is Letting Go Of Fear," (3rd edition) by Gerald Jampolsky. Both helpful and hopeful, this little gem of a guide offers twelve lessons to help us let go of the past and stay focused on the present as we step confidently toward the future. While the title might imply it is about romantic love, it is about all aspects of life and living. Easy to read, understand and implement, this book is a lifetime treasure.Follow these remedies you will save $100's and many hours of your time. I am here only to be truly helpful. If you have questions, contact me. I wish you well on your journey of health, happiness and empowerment.