How much does it cost for a family of 4 to live in Canada?
- In poverty, $ 47,000 /year.
- In reasonable comfort, with a car and a suitable apartment or modest house, $ 75,000 /year
- Well, with the odd vacation trip, $ 100,000 per year
- The Median income for a single worker is $ 47,000
- The median income for a "family" of unspecified size is $ 78,000 per year.
Note, it is not possible to live well for these incomes in the largest cities, housing is VERY expensive and commuting is terribly long, even if by public transit. For driving, it is worse. The gridlock is almost complete in the morning and evening rush hours.