Is Shiva the coolest of all Gods?
Yes of course He lives in the cold Himalayas and has a river on His head that cools Him off.
He is represented as virile man, wild and passionate.
The cool kid in the block
Lord Shiva is really popular now-a-days. As the meditating, weed puffing and musically inclined God, he is a rave amongst the millennials. Not that his eccentrics is not cool. But he is certainly more than what youngsters assume him to be.
If you believe in ancient yoga culture of Hindus, Ancient meditation ways, spiritual ways then :
- In the yogic culture, Shiva is not known as a god, but as the Adiyogi or the first yogi – the originator of yoga. He was the one who first put this seed into the human mind. According to the yogic lore, over fifteen thousand years ago, Shiva attained to his full enlightenment and abandoned himself in an intense ecstatic dance upon the Himalayas. When his ecstasy allowed him some movement, he danced wildly. When it became beyond movement, he became utterly still.
- People saw that he was experiencing something that nobody had known before, something that they were unable to fathom. Interest developed and people came wanting to know what this was. They came, they waited and they left because the man was oblivious to other people's presence. He was either in intense dance or absolute stillness, completely uncaring of what was happening around him. Soon, everyone left...
- Except for seven men.
- These seven people were insistent that they must learn what this man had in him, but Shiva ignored them. They pleaded and begged him, "Please, we want to know what you know." Shiva dismissed them and said, "You fools. The way you are, you are not going to know in a million years. There is a tremendous amount of preparation needed for this. This is not entertainment."
- So they started preparing. Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, they prepared. Shiva just chose to ignore them. On a full moon day, after eighty-four years of sadhana, when the solstice had shifted from the summer solstice to the winter solstice – which in this tradition is known as Dakshinayana – the Adiyogi looked at these seven people and saw that they had become shining receptacles of knowing. They were absolutely ripe to receive. He could not ignore them anymore. They grabbed his attention.
- He watched them closely for the next few days and when the next full moon rose, he decided to become a Guru. The Adiyogi transformed himself into the Adi Guru; the first Guru was born on that day which is today known as Guru Purnima. On the banks of Kanti Sarovar, a lake that lies a few kilometers above Kedarnath, he turned South to shed his grace upon the human race, and the transmission of the yogic science to these seven people began. The yogic science is not about a yoga class that you go through about how to bend your body – which every new born infant knows – or how to hold your breath – which every unborn infant knows. This is the science of understanding the mechanics of the entire human system.
- After many years, when the transmission was complete, it produced seven fully enlightened beings – the seven celebrated sages who are today known as the Saptarishis, and are worshipped and admired in Indian culture. Shiva put different aspects of yoga into each of these seven people, and these aspects became the seven basic forms of yoga. Even today, yoga has maintained these seven distinct forms.
Yeh...Real self of you ? me and every one that is Shiva ,Shiv and only Shiva....Who is there and who is not, Who exist and sill don't exist. the soul the one and only one..Who resides in the inner core of every existence and still remains undisclosed.
According to Puranas:--Whole creation was there but he didn't discloses himself until the two super Powers starting fighting each other.One instance he punishes one of Brahma's lying head and another instant give him the way to create the world,,,,that was real cool.
Calling him.cool sounds bad. He is not an human to be cool. He is devine..He is power. He is enery .He is life. He is death. He is construction and He is destruction.
He is the highest worshipped god. He has got a attractive and magical personality. He is rudra he is bhoola.. he is mahadev he is rameshwar.. he is Jatadhari .. he is Gangadharay .. He is someone who can't be described perfectly even by Devas.
He has got three eyes when it opens it cause destruction. He is yogi.. he is god...he is mahadev he is a lover.. he is the universe..
No one I repeat No one can control himself/herself for not falling in his devotion aftet knowing him.
Ek baar jo mahadev ko jaan leta hai.. vo unhi ka hoke reh jata h..
I'm such a small creature to describe him.
Money, jewels , and all such things doesn't attract him .. He loves applying raakh on himself. He visit Shamshanghat everday. His devotees are not only humans but animals and Ghost too.. Yes thatis why he is also known as Bhootnath.
He is Neelkhant. He had consumed an ocean full of disastrous poisiom.just for his childrens (We ) ,just for this creation (Universe ) .. That was not a simple poision that was a poision whos one drop could have destroyed the whole universe .. And he .. He was the only god who could do this. After consuming it My mahadev felt irritation , weekness and he even fainted after consuming it. Everyone was so afraid but he is Mahadev The Shiva.. what can happen to him? But he indeed was feeling uneasy .That is why he is libated with Milk ,honey and water as it help him to.feel moreeee god and better.
He is bholebaba.. With moon as his crown .. King of serpent as his necklace .. Rudraksh as his jwel .. Skin of tiger as his cloth... Nandi as his vehicle.. An eye on forehead..
He is formless.. But he is often worship in Shivling (ling = mark , Nishan ,) form..
In your words we can Say that yessss he is the Coolest ..
Satyam shivam sundaram. i.e. Shiv hi saty h shiv hi sundar .
Bolo satyam shivam bol tu sundaram man mere shiv ki mahima k gun gaye jaaa... Man mere mandir shiv meri puja shiv se bada nahi koi judja :)
Let's see. He is a big time feminist. He wears kundalas of different sizes just to push that point. When his wife got angry, he was quick to apologize. When she got angrier, he didn't let his aura come in between and laid down beneath her foot to calm her down. Above all, he really loves his wife
He dances. Sometimes out of fury and at times out of fun. He wears accessories. Has long hairdo, is a philanthropist, is a vagrant. Money or richness doesn't excite him.
He believes in welfare above self. Drank poison, saved a snake from his own devotee, calmed down Ganga.
Above all, he is really accessible and relatable
That makes him very cool