Can you get a six pack in a month? How?
That depends on how close you are now. Most people who want six-pack abs usually quit because they soon realize how difficult it is, but here's my advice on the matter.
Most people think getting "six pack" abs is all about abdominal exercises, but that downright wrong. Rather, it is a matter of having low body fat levels.
In fact, you can get a six pack with out doing a single ab exercise! While doing ab exercises helps a small amount, the most important thing is a strict diet. There is a very true statement, "Great abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym."
Follow these diet recommendations so you will become lean and your abs will be visible:
- This is very important: eat until you are no longer hungry, but stop before you are full.
- Eat more vegetables. Seriously, the more vegetables you eat the leaner you will be.
- Eat high protein foods such as beef, chicken, low-fat dairy, eggs, pork, and whey protein powder every meal.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal so you will eat a little less.
- Eat slower so you will eat a little less.
- Adopt intermittent fasting. Most people skip breakfast and only eat during 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Chew sugar-free gum to postpone hunger.
- Be busy. The more time you spend doing other things the less time you have to think about food.
Most people have a misunderstanding of what the function of the core is. It's primary function is to brace and to prevent extension, flexion, and rotation of the spine. Given this fact, the best core exercises are the following:
- Gymnastic poses: hanging leg raises, hollow holds, L-sit, and planche
- Resistance exercises: back squat, dead lift, farmer walks, lunges, one-arm military press, planks, push ups (especially one-arm)
As you can see, most people's approach to getting six-packs abs is all wrong. Almost 80% of your results will come from diet alone so focus on that. Ditch crunches for the exercises above.
It will take months and maybe even years to get great abs. Most actors and body builders only have abs temporarily because it is so difficult. However, if you are diligent and take the right approach you can have great abs all the time.
If you like this answer and would like to read more about fitness see my website: Honed Body