Under what conditions would a marriage counselor recommend divorce?I know these conditions, but maybe there are more.
In general - when one side can't or do not want to obey normal spouse's responsibilities and/or obligations:
- when one side don't want or can't have children (or intymacy), but another side wants.
- when psychological abuse becomes unbearable, and clearly goes toward physical abuse.
- when wife is adulterous. In some cultures husband's adultery is not considered crucial.
- when spouse has psychical-mental or incurable illness or serious disability. In some cultures this reason is considered very important.
- when spouse spends too much time far from home, dissapears or missing.