What are some exercises to work biceps, triceps and chest?
We can divide this into 2 parts: Compound Exercises involving some or all of those muscle groups and Isolation Exercises targeting one muscle group.
- Compound Exercises
- Bench Press - a staple of a gym rats workout. It focuses on your chest, triceps, and shoulders (the back part of them). Your biceps are also used to stabilize, not for actively pushing the bar.
- Shoulder Press - focuses your shoulders, however, it also works your triceps and uses your biceps to stabilize
- Bent Over Rows - focuses your lats whilst working your triceps to pull and biceps to stabilize
- Push Ups - like the bench press, focuses on your chest and triceps whilst using your biceps as stabilizers
- Dips - targets your chest and uses your triceps heavily. Works well in combination with bench press.
- Isolation Exercises
- Bicep Curls - Standard curls for general bicep thickness and hammer curls for a better looking exterior. Also, you can go with a barbell (2 handed) or dumbbells (1 handed).
- Tricep Extensions
- Skull Crushers - tricep isolation