What are some famous landmarks found in South Africa?
South Africa's three biggest cities are Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
- Johannesburg, South Africa's richest city
SA is filled with natural beauty and several landmarks. I'll try to list some but I'm sure I'll miss quite a few. Here goes:
• Table Mountain
• The Cango Caves
• The garden route. (Seriously, check it out. It's beautiful.)
• Cape Point, where two oceans meet
• Kruger national park (Big 5!)
• Cape Agulhas (The southern most point in Africa)
• Robben Island
• Seal island
• The big hole (Kimberly, they don't call it big for nothing)
• The Drakensburg mountain range
• We also have the highest bridge bunjee jump site in the world (not sure what the proper name is)
• Fynbos and the Kirstenbosh botanical gardens
• The orange river (it's pretty darn long, great for canoeing)
That's all I can think of right now. We have a diverse natural beauty. (There are more species of plants on Table Mountain than there are on the entire British island.) One trip will not be enough to see it all and that's not even mentioning its greatest natural treasure. The people!
Table Mountain and Cape Point in Cape Town
Kruger National Park, Blyde River Canyon and the Panorama Route in Mpumalanga
The Big Hole of Kimberley
These are South Africa's most famous landmarks. Also have a look at these 30 Photos of South Africa that will fuel your wanderlust
Table Mountain, The big hole (in Kimberly), Cape Agulhas + the light house (southern most point in Africa), Kruger National Park, Cango Caves and etc. since SA is filled with nature, mountains and caves.