What are the common seo mistakes that content marketers make?
Content Marketers often overlook some types of content that Google doesn't like.
Some of the types of such content are -
- Thin Content - large number of pages with only a sentence or two on them, and they make up a large percentage of your overall site
- Curated Content - Sites that simply curate content from third parties and add little unique value
- Syndicated Content - if a large percentage of the pages are syndicated from 3rd party sites, and you add little of your own value
- Scraped Content - If you're scraping content from other sites, that will definitely be an issue.
- Doorway Pages - pages that have been created largely for the purpose of capturing search engine traffic and immediately driving sales
- User Generated Content - allowing users to add comments or reviews to your site, but great pains have to be taken to use human review to screen out poor quality contributions.
- Advertising Dominated Content - value added content is somewhat obscured or dominated by the presence of ads
These types of content lead your site liable to penalties !!!