What is the best phone carrier in the US?
It depends on your usage, really. Not all carriers will be a good fit for you, but there are lots of options for you to choose from.
There are the 4 major carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile (these first two use GSM), Sprint and Verizon (these last two use CDMA ). These four own and maintain the infrastructure for wireless networks. There are also smaller providers called Mobile Virtual Network Operators. These carriers do not own wireless infrastructure, but they lease wireless capacity from the 4 major carriers and resell it to customers at lower prices.
Tello is one such MVNO, running on the Sprint network. Our service is prepaid, our monthly plans are customizable & can be changed any time without extra charges, plus we have Pay As You Go credit available which you can use as a backup or for international calls & texts. Here's more info about our service:
- Monthly plans
- start at $5/month;
- can be customized: you can choose how many minutes you need: none, 100, 200, 300, 500 or unlimited; and how much data you need: none, 200MB, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB, 3GB or 10GB. Unlimited texts are automatically included;
- can be upgraded, downgraded or renewed at any time (even mid-plan month) at no charge;
- come with unlimited 2G data when you run out of your 4G data allotment (only when you include a data option in your plan);
- include calls to Canada, China and Mexico.
- Pay As You Go credit
- starts at $10;
- does not expire as long as you use our service at least once every 3 months (e.g. make a call, send a text, use data);
- can be used for US calls, texts & data;
- can be used for calling or texting from the US to any country.
Other benefits of using Tello include:
- Free data tethering (a.k.a hotspot - share your data with other devices)
- No contract or fees of any kind (i.e. device activation, number porting, overages, termination etc.)
- You can bring your own phone if you don't wish to buy one from us, just make sure it's compatible first
- Our Customer Service team is here for you 24/7 - our colleagues will answer your call or chat request within a few seconds, no robots or waiting in line, and they will stay on the line until you are happy.
For more info you can visit us at Tello.com. If you have any questions, you can find us here on Quora, on social media, or using our Contact page.
The fight goes hands b/w AT&T and Verizon Wireless. Though verizon lost wireless subscriber for the first time recently, but company still is trying to make it up with Verizon's new unlimited plan for prepaid customers.