What was your last day of high school like?
The last day of high school was kind of a surreal experience. It doesn't feel like it's truly over. I found myself getting all sentimental about the simplest things (sometimes really silly things!). There's so many lasts!
- The last time you'll ever sit in those those weird school desks where you're strapped to the chair
- The last time you will ever be in the same classroom with your fellow classmates
- The last time you'll hear the school bell sound to release you from class
- The last time you'll navigate the maze of people during passing period
- The last time you'll ever be on release in place of a class (anytime you don't have a class is release in college!)
- The last time you'll ever eat in that boisterous cafeteria
- The last time you'll ever use a high school restroom
- The last time you'll ever use your password to log onto a school computer or school website
- The last time you'll camp out in your high school's library
- The last time you'll see the teachers that made high school worthwhile
High school was definitely not the greatest experience for me, but even so, it's kind of a funny thing... how sometimes it takes something being over to realize, "hey, that wasn't so bad."
Heartbreaking. I was so torn. I have beautiful memories from my school and saying goodbye was hard and tearful.