Would you suggest a Full Body workout routine or a Split routine for someone who wants to gain muscles/weight?
It's better to divide workout plan over a week . Which includes one set of muscles in one day and a six day workout regime . Or two muscle sets per day which is also a 6 day regime but last 3 days are similar to first 3 days of workout
6 day workout one muscle group per day
- Day 1 Chest group
- Day 2 Biceps group
- Day 3 shoulder group
- Day 4 triceps group
- Day 5 Back group
- Day 6 forearm
- Day 7 Thigh and legs or Rest
- Alternate day Cardio can be added
- Don't exceed the workout beyond 2hrs
6 day Double muscle plan
- Day 1 Chest and Biceps
- Day 2 Shoulder and triceps
- Day 3 Back and forearm
- Day 4 , 5 ,6 similar to 1,2,3
- Day 7 Abdomen and Lower limbs
- Alternate day Cardio
- Work out shouldn't exceed beyond 2hrs
- Stay hydrated drink lots of water about 4lits a day
- Stay aerated . Don't workout in a hot place or a place without a breeze . You will get exhausted easily
- Don't eat too much or too less
- Avoid fatty foods like cheese , fried foods , high calories like Sodas , sweetend drinks , sweets .
- Take fats like Poly Unsaturated Fats like olive oil , Safflower or Gingelly oil in limited quantities
- Also consume Less of high calorie foods like lots of rice .
- Consume veggies like green salads
- Protein intake = 2g × your target weight
- Protein foods include
- Chicken breast 22g protein per 100gm
- Meat 25g per 100gm
- Egg 6g per a single egg
- Pulses 5 g per 100 g
- Milk 15g per 100ml
These foods increase your strength and bulk of muscle . Calculate accordingly by above equation of protein intake
Increase weights in last set .
Increase the weight every week.
Good luck and don't strain too much