Is Donald Trump likely to win the 2016 election (late 2015/early 2016)?

At this point in the race, (7/24/2016) I believe that Donald Trump has a good chance of winning the Presidential election.Now that Trump has been officially nominated, and the last desperate attempts of a #NeverTrump movement were summarily squashed, the

Were the Clintons paid by the Clinton Foundation? Is it true that Hillary Clinton took profits for herself while in office? If so, was this a conflict of interest?

Speculation may be futile. Opinions vary, but most believe the Clintons have surely found a way. Two of the more cunning and inventive people to ever haunt the political halls of America, their ethics challenged at every turn. Morality in question, innuendo and accusations of depravity in

What is Hillary Clinton's role in the Clinton Foundation during her time as Secretary of State?

In February 2016, The Washington Post reported that the United States Department of State issued a subpoena to the foundation in fall of 2015. According to the report, the subpoena focused on "documents about the charity's projects that may have required approval from federal government during Hillary Clinton's term as secretary of state"

What is the biggest misconception about Donald Trump?

People around much of this country seem to really believe he is a successful business man. I have lived in NYC all my life. The antics of this publicity driven egocentric person has never been far from public knowledge. Trump posted news, any news - true or false - about himself constantly. As long as he saw his

Whats more likely to happen trump getting impeached, trump getting re elected, or hilary getting elected with Obama as her VP?

None of these are very likely, but in my estimation Trump getting re-elected is the most likely. The least likely is Hillary + Obama 2020; that's just silly. Next, impeachment is highly unlikely because Republicans in Congress are afraid to lose the support of Trump supporters and it seems

Can Donald Trump realistically defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016?

Since we are all pontificating, I will say that I think everyone else is wrong (sounds like Trump, eh?) ;-)Trump is winning and could very well be president because of WHAT he is.Imagine yourself as any - ANY - of the republican or

Clinton supporters: Why do you regard Hillary Clinton as trustworthy?

I really love Fact-checking U.S. politics | PolitiFact because of how accurate and unbiased it is. I found this article specifically about oil and gas industry contributions. After reading it you can draw your own conclusions but in my opinion the Sanders campaign has hugely overemphasized their contributions and their impact on her

Did Hillary Clinton pay women less than men at The Clinton Foundation?

You might find it interesting to note that what the article didn't make very clear is that the average female salary at the Clinton Foundation is 94.1% that of the average male salary while, in society at large the average female salary is 81.1% that of the average

Do you think that Donald Trump will go to prison before or after he finishes this term as President?

A lot depends on the ongoing investigations into Trump's business dealings. If they find evidence of tax fraud or money laundering he certainly could face time.He clearly obstructed justice, and those are felony crimes, but I'm not sure he will be prosecuted once

Don't Democrats benefit from the abortion issue being controversial and unresolved politically?

The Republicans this election cycle benefit from the abortion issue because America seems to be turning against some of the abortion practices widely supported and used by Planned Parenthood including partial birth abortions and very late 2nd trimester abortions. Some Republicans are pushing for a gestational age of 20 weeks for routine on demand

How can the Clinton campaign possibly defend the emails suggesting questionable connections between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department?

A good question. A better question might be "What is the intent of the connections between the State Department and the Clinton foundation?" In the world of politics there are myriad leveraging conversations, connections, and relationships. All are part of

How efficient is the Clinton Foundation in distributing money to the needy?

Go to Charitywatch and look at its rating. The Clinton foundation spends $2 to raise $100. It spends 12% on overhead.For comparison, lets look at another big name

How is Hillary Clinton addressed now that she has left the State Department? What will moderators call her in debates -- Secretary Clinton or Senator Clinton or something else?

I would say there are three ways to think about this:Protocol (official purposes)Etiquette (more informal purposes)Style manuals (press purposes).On the protocol side, you would call someone by their last highest title, according to the United States order of precedence. For Hillary, this would be Secretary.  However, if it is a title held by someone else

How much of a salary do Bill and Hillary Clinton draw from the Clinton Foundation?

No salaries; as with most things Clintonian, deals are set up to obscure and misdirect from what they're up to. For example:While Sweden was lobbying Hillary's State Department to forgo sanctions against its doing business with Iran, Bill Clinton's foundation set up a fundraising arm in Sweden that collected $26 million

If Donald Trump was elected president, how would you feel?

I would feel glad that the voices of the common folks were heard. I would feel like my vote actually matters. And it would truly strengthen my faith in our electoral system. I would feel like maybe our elections aren't rigged after all.The establishment Republicans and Democrats

If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency, how will the Clinton Foundation be operated?

What kind of assurance against hypothetical situations could anyone provide? I'm pretty comfortable that Hillary Clinton, a career attorney, would comply with the law while she's President. If you aren't, and for some reason you're convinced that another candidate will not exploit your trust, then you should vote for that candidate.Are you equally concerned about "the opportunity

If Trump is elected president, what are the chances of him becoming a de facto dictator?

Not as good as he would like.Not as bad as I would like.The United States has a complex set of Constitutional protections, laws and customs at the Federal, State and Local level designed to prevent just such an occurrence.  Unfortunately, we have spent a significant portion of the time since the 9/11 attacks

If Trump is impeached, will Pence actually know what to do?

Yes, he will.Despite my dislike for both the President and Vice President, Mike Pence is a very experienced politician who knows his way around Washington.Pence first served in the US House of Representatives, representing Indiana's 2nd Congressional District (later 6th Congressional District. He served in the House from 2001 to 2013.

Is Donald Trump likely to win the 2016 election (late 2015/early 2016)?

When asked in the beginning of July if Donald Trump could be president, after hearing him speak and the pundits say he would fail, I said...Yes, I believe he will be the Republican nominee. I have updated my answer to

Is Hillary Clinton America's worst ever Secretary of State?

Trump's criticism of Hillary Clinton gets things backwards. The Secretary of State has no independent power; as a presidential appointee he or she is a functionary. The Secretary's ability to influence policy depends, therefore, on his relationship with the President. Presidents in the modern era have generally preferred to

Is Hillary Clinton trustworthy?

I believe Hillary to be about as trustworthy as any other career politician in America. True, that's not a particularly high bar, but it's more than I can say for some politicians-on both sides of the political spectrum.Still, it's worth mentioning that (at least to

Is there enough evidence to impeach President Trump?

Q: Do you think we have enough evidence to impeach and remove Trump?Yes and no.We absolutely have enough evidence to demonstrate to the satisfaction of a notional jury that would consider that evidence without preconception, that President Trump has committed crimes that liberals,

Now that Trump Foundation has dissolved, will Clinton Foundation be next?

They have nothing to do with one another and couldn't be more different. Instead of spending pages explaining that, I'll make it really simple.This website, Charity Navigator - Your Guide To Intelligent Giving, is an outstanding, objective resource for reviewing charities.Here's what they have to say about the Donald J. Trump Foundation:

Should the FBI release all evidence about Clinton email investigation?

Yes, unfortunately, there will be few minds changed either way. Those who believe she did something illegal will find evidence supporting that; those who believe otherwise will find support for themselves. Personally, I think she did a damnable thing. She lied, that's it. But it was not her

Were the Clintons paid by the Clinton Foundation? Is it true that Hillary Clinton took profits for herself while in office? If so, was this a conflict of interest?

Speculation may be futile. Opinions vary, but most believe the Clintons have surely found a way. Two of the more cunning and inventive people to ever haunt the political halls of America, their ethics challenged at every turn. Morality in question, innuendo and accusations of depravity in the white house. Accusations of perjury and

What kind of benefits did the Clintons receive from the Clinton Foundation if they weren't salaried?

Wealthy people create foundations to manage their philanthropic giving, not to get benefits. In the case of the CF, the idea was to pioneer a new form of philanthropy.Traditionally, a charity would find a need, figure out how much it would cost to fill that need, then try

What lies has Hillary Clinton definitively been caught in?

Here are the major things Hillary has said about her emails that are not the truth:She said she didn't send or receive any emails that were classified at the time. The FBI investigation turned up 110 emails were classified at the time she sent or received them. So, her statements were either a

What will democrats fight for once Donald trump is impeached?

The battle will be internal. Whether the party will shift to the left and embrace the rhetoric from the new

What would Bill Clinton's role be if Hillary is elected President? Will he have a job in the White House?

There are no official duties for the first spouse but many traditions have evolved over the centuries beginning with White House official hostess. If the president is unmarried, the hostess duties have been filled by a daughter or female relative assisted by paid staff. The first spouse as an outspoken advocate for specific social problems

What would Donald Trump change about himself if he doesn't win the 2016 presidential election?

I don't see why he would change anything if he does not win.Since he will blame everybody other than himself for the mistakes.He is already talking about rigged elections! Setting himself up to pass the blame to others ...I would not have thought that the race for POTUS could degenerate so far as to allow such a person to

What would happen after Trump gets impeached?

Nothing, the Trump administration would continue on business as usual. Impeachment does not mean removal from office unto itself (ask Bill Clinton about that). I'll indulge your speculation about the highly unlikely event that Trump is impeached as that would take a 2/3's vote in Congress which the democrats simply don't have. But assuming that

What's the best and most convincing article you've read about why people should vote for HIllary Clinton?

Why are 350 economists (including 8 Nobel prize winners), from all political stripes, universally condemning Donald Trump on pure economic policy?http://online.wsj.com/public/res... (open letter in the Wall Street Journal). The letter concludes most of Trump's policies will have the opposite effect of

Which country will become the world's superpower, when Donald Trump wins the 2016 USA presidential election?

Oh, that's easy - China. Right before Trump decides to blow us all up.I'm serious. Trump has no clue how things are made, he has never dirtied his hands. He's been railing about trade imbalances with China while selling goods - made in China. He doesn't know how to deal with those who are not subservient to

Who became president when Clinton was impeached?

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives. However, the Senate failed to convict and remove the President. Bill Clinton was President through the whole thing.Impeachment is merely the formal accusation of a certain collective body of individuals. It is not the removal of the accused.In the US Constitution, the House is the only body that can

Who is Donald Trump's base? Why is he popular? Why are people voting for him? Why do people like and support him?

So many democrats think they know who his base is, which is part of the reason they lost. They have no idea who his base is. They think it's uneducated country bumpkins. I'm sure they are part, but only a small part. It's mainly business owners and professionals who

Why did you vote for Trump?

I am a white female and college educated. I worked for previous employer for the past seven years, but have had an impossible time finding another full-time position at my former salary because I am 46 years old. No one wants to hire a 46 year old white woman to do anything

How much of Trump's support is directly related to hatred for Obama and/Hillary? It seems every time I have a discussion with a Trump supporter, the conversation always - always goes there.

As one of my coworkers said to justify his vote for Trump, not her. Your experience does not seem unusual. It seems that most Trump supporters voted against Clinton. All of us need to recognize that while he served eight years, Obama was considered by many, including Trump

Is Donald Trump hurting the image of the Republican Party? If so, how strong is this effect? Is he driving people away from the party?

Their image was already in the toilet as far as the rank and file of the republican party are concerned. I have been a republican ever since I got a job and got married after returning from Vietnam. Actually the republican party elite establishment hate Trump because they want another of their wimpy "moderate" friends

Is it still possible for "reasonable people" to differ over whether Trump has been a good President?

You have to ask what makes a President a good President:Did he fulfil his Oath to the Office to uphold the Constitution?Trump attacks the Constitution day and night. Right at this instant he is attacking the Possi Commitatus and deploying the Army in the US Soil, since he

Is the Republican party more divided than the Democratic party right now?

Oh yes. Never before in the modern history of either party (ie since the primaries were opened up to public vote in the 70's) has a candidate so hated by half his party become its standard-bearer. The Republican Speaker of the House is refusing to endorse his party's presumptive nominee. That is absolutely

Is the Republican Party trying to run off Trump and millions of new Republican voters who are crossing over from the Democratic Party?

No, because the question is based on a false assumption.Trump partisans are quite proud of themselves at the moment thanks to an online survey by Mercury Analytics that showed 20% of likely Democratic voters crossing the aisle to support a Trump GOP ticket.  There are a few problems

What is Hillary Clinton's role in the Clinton Foundation during her time as Secretary of State?

In February 2016, The Washington Post reported that the United States Department of State issued a subpoena to the foundation in fall of 2015. According to the report, the subpoena focused on "documents about the charity's projects that may have

What is it like to be around Donald Trump in person?

I played Donald Trump in a golf match. I won. Here's the story:My family were members at Trump National in Briarcliff Manor, NY. I had just turned 14 years old and was playing in my first club championship. Trump always played in the club championship and had won at least one

What is the biggest misconception about Donald Trump?

People around much of this country seem to really believe he is a successful business man. I have lived in NYC all my life. The antics of this publicity driven egocentric person has never been far from public knowledge. Trump posted news, any news - true or false - about himself constantly.

What is the controversy with Secretary Clinton, Clinton Global Initiative Foundation, and the Clinton Family Foundation?

A few examples of the controversy around Clinton Foundation include Laureate University and Uranium to Russia. In both of these the facts are public and not disputed by the Left or the Right.In 2015 Bill Clinton resigned from his honorary chancellor of Laureate

When the Democrats next win a Presidential election, how likely are they to say "What about Trump?" in response to any and every criticism of the new President?

Here's the thing: Democrats aren't against criticising people in authority. I've seen plenty who criticised Obama, who criticised Clinton...because they're human, and humans are prone to screwing up, making mistakes, or doing things that we disagree with. That's normal, natural, and frankly, we should

How smart is Donald Trump?

He is not very intelligent. He began with almost a half-billion from his father. $480 million. And had to declare bankruptcy multiple times. It is an established fact that once one has passed a certain threshold of wealth it becomes increasingly difficult to prevent that wealth from growing.I

What can political candidates learn from PewDiePie's success on YouTube?

All Politicians have no doubt learnt this rule (since forever) but it was first printed for all to see over two hundred and ten years ago;The European magazine: and London review, published by the Philological Society of Great Britain, 1806:It was the observation of one of the tribe